Outlook attachment not passed to app

Programming Experience
Beginner
I've been developing a game which sends data via emails. The files have a particular suffix which I associate with the app during Setup. The recipient is supposed to be able to double-click on the file to lauch the app.

When I save the file from Outlook 2003 to My Documents, and double-click on it from there, it works fine. When I click on the attachment in Eudora, it works fine. I know that Eudora stores attachments as normal files in an attach folder, though, so I'd expect it to.

When I double-click on the attachment in Outlook 2003, it doesn't work - I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." exception. My logfile shows the attachment is 'located' here: Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK1FC\Turn (5).bships but the loading routine fails. When I look, OLK1FC doesn't exist as a folder (or a file) under Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.

Can anyone explain what's going on? More to the point, can anyone explain how I can fix it?

SH

I'm not sure how to fix it, but I can tell you how to find the folder OLK1FC.

It is a hidden folder, so set your explorer options to show hidden files. In Windows XP Home: in explorer, click tools -> folder options then the View Tab. Under Advanced options, look for the Hidden files and folders settings and change it to "Show hidden files and folders".

Seems like it should work.

Back