Other Crystal Report related files (.dll) needed for my installer? Please help.

marksquall

Programming Experience
3-5
Dearest members,

Hello and a pleasant day to every one, I hope every one is in good condition upon reading this thread.

I've created a very simple arithmetic program and the result will be printed in a Crystal Report (for educational purposes only) then I tried to create an installer and install it on my computer...seem no error in accessing Crystal Report. Now the problem is when I install it in another computer, it began showing errors about Crystal Report.

Do I need to install this program/s to that computer (these two are installed in my laptop)?
  1. SAP Crystal Report for VS2010.exe
  2. Crystal Report XI Developer

By the way in my Visual Studio project, I include these files to be copied locally in my solution (which was also included in my installer)
  1. CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll
  2. CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.dll
  3. CrystalDecisions.Shared.dll
  4. CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.dll

I am just wondering if do I miss other dynamic link libraries (.dll) in my solution (and installer) or the problem lies because the computer that I'd installed my program do not have SAP Crystal Report for VS2010.exe and Crystal Report XI Developer installed?

I hope someone would give me some suggestions what to do.

Thank you and more power.

Warm regards,

Mark Squall

Hi Mark,

The one thing that you have not mentioned is what errors are you getting?

I have had issues with deploying Crystal Reports in runtime environments before and they always came down to 32/64 Bit issues.

My questions would be then:-

1) What version type of Crystal Reports (32 or 64 bit) have you developed the application with?
2) What system type (32 or 64 bit) is the client machine that you are installing the application on?
3) What type of Crystal Reports are you installing on the client machine to run your Crystal Reports (32 or 64 bit)

If you can answer the above I may be able to give you come advice.

Kind regards,

Ian

Hello Sir Ian,

I hope you're doing in good health.

I have created my program in 32 bit Windows XP (SP3), so I guess I am using 32-bit Crystal Report too, right? :nevreness:

I checked my two installer files (i.e. SAP Crystal Report for VS2010.exe and Crystal Report XI Developer) and they are both for 32-bit Windows.

My deployment PC is using 32-bit Windows 7 OS.

I have not detailed the error because the message was quite long and I was not "given" the time to write or capture screen it.

But luckily, I have come across to a site (I think that was a website of SAP) that teaches me how to create an installer for Crystal Report in Visual Studio 2010 that uses Merge Modules (MSM 32-bit). I tried to follow that tutorial, and I have successfully created an installer. I will try to install this in my deployment PC, and I'll see if it will be working or not.

As of now, my deployment PC undergone some hardware fixes and HDD reformat, so I guess I'll just wait for the meantime. :grief:

Thank you, thank you Sir Ian.

Warm regards,

Mark Squall

Last edited:
Hi Mark,

On the basis tht there are no 64 Bit issues to contend with then it is reliable to assume it would not be a 64 bit conflict.

The information that you have gained from SAP is the RIGHT way to install the Crystal Reports runtime so hopefully this will solve your problem.

Good luck,

Ian

Back