Office 2007 Child form style?

Troy

Programming Experience
10+
I'm trying to figure out how to make my child form look like Office 2007.

For instance,

When you open a word document it has A background that is blue with the Page centered in the background area of the child form. Now this I can do but I want the Shadowed look like Office 2007.

I took a picturebox control and made the backgroundimage something then The image setting in the control I set to display a Photoshopped Blank Page with shadow.

Then I took the WebBrowser control which is what i actually want to be in the middle of the background and centered it within the Page. Minor tweaking of display settings for resizing aside it somewhat worked but not exactly.

Problems such as the Sizable scrollbars not appearing to allow you to scroll to the bottom of the form wouldn't appear properly.

I couldn't get the forms to line up exactly right when switching from windowed to full screen even when setting a subroutine in the resize Event.
Anyone have any ideas?

I'm already using an mdi Parent.

child.png

This is what i want my child form to look like. Notice how there is a background and that the document is centered. Scrollbars appear to the right and bottom and effect whatever is displayed inside the white area.

The background would be for all MDI Children so it's part of the MDI Child Screen. I have simulated this with a picturebox control setting a background image and forground image but it's doesn't work exactly as I want.

I am actually using a Webbrowser control to display my files in. I think there might be a way to display the information like this using HTML perhaps. I've seen some websites layed out like this with a background and the shadowed centralized form.

I am actually unable to point out what your real problem is. But with regards the scrollbars, you can try playing with the AutoScrollMargin and AutoScrollMinSize properties.

umn The problem is a MDi child doesn't have the same appearance that the children do in Office 2007, See the blue background with the white workarea, and the 3d shadowing? The scrollbars only scroll to what is within the white area.

I'm trying to figure out how to create a child form that uses the Webbrowser control can have this same appearance with the webbrowser control centered where the white work area is and have a 3d shadowed border like the office 2007 child forms.

Back