Resolved Not able to connect to Access Database

thirteentwenty

Programming Experience
Beginner
OK so I'm going through cjards DW2 link and all is well, until I try to do a "real world application"...

In the Walkthrough: Connecting to Data in an Access Database I follow the steps... click here, click there etc. and it'll work if I use the Northwind Database sample, but when I try to use a database that I created It gives me a "Unrecognized database format" error. I know it's an Access database because I used Access to create it, the hitch is that its not an .mdb file, its an .accdb file. Now I realize that moving up to VS2008 would most likely solve this issue but I cannot afford VS2008.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong...

So after all of that, my question(s) is(are), can I connect via the steps in the walk through, if not, should I bother with doing it programmatically (I caught a bit of flack the last time I decided to try). Or would I be better off doing a "File/Save As" downgrade to the Access 2002/2003 .mdb format. Or did I horribly screw something up and need to start anew (which isn't too bad as this is just something I'm doing on my own to learn more... )

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Argh never mind... I screwed something up, I found this post that gave a nice how to on it...

sometimes I forget to ask google =(

Back