normal window forms gets maximised automaticaly

Ruwani

Programming Experience
Beginner
when i open a small normal window on top of a maximised form the normal for also gets maximised automaticaly..............plz reply if u have overcome this

is this an MDI app?

if it is then when you open a new form when the currently opened child window is maximized then the new child window will be maximized as well

if this isnt an MDI app then could you post the code that opens the new normal window?

thx for u r reply.........................even if u do wht u said if a small form is open on top of a maximised form it gets maximised................(plz mote tht this is a MDI application)

Ruwani,

To start off, if your application doesn't require MDI....refrain from using MDI capabilities. If you want the look, however, you can look into embedding forms within forms.

Embedding a form does two things, (1) In an MDI app, if you have controls on a parent form, the controls will be visible through the child form. Embedded forms automatically cover up anything in the "parent" form. (2) You will not have the problem of your child form defaulting to the state or the parent form.

Personally, if my application won't work SDI (Single Document Interface), I embed my forms. The only problem I have run into with embedded forms is my "child" form will not startup centerscreen.

Wrapping up, embedded forms, by default, behave better than a true MDI application. By the way, Microsoft actually frowns upon the use of MDI in real-world applications. I wish I could remember where I read that statement.

Anyway, I hope this helped.

B Rad

Back