No folder created on start/menu

blumonde

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all,

I went through the deployment walkthroughs and did exactly according to the MSDN steps. However, When I run the setup, I can get the shortcut on the desktop but when I go to start/programs there is no folder of my application on the menu. Anyone know why?

Please help.

Cheers,

blumonde

jmcilhinney said:
Did you add a shortcut within the Start menu when you created the setup?

I only set it up to have a shortcut created on the user's desktop. No start menu shortcuts.

I don't know why the installation process won't create the application folder on the programs menu.

blumonde

It doesn't happen automatically. If you want to create a folder and shortcuts on the Start menu then you need to specifically do so in your setup project. You need to go to the File System page in your setup project, create a new folder within the User's Programs Menu folder and then create shortcuts to the desired files within that.

jmcilhinney said:
It doesn't happen automatically. If you want to create a folder and shortcuts on the Start menu then you need to specifically do so in your setup project. You need to go to the File System page in your setup project, create a new folder within the User's Programs Menu folder and then create shortcuts to the desired files within that.

Thank you Sir.

Mission accomplished :D

blumonde

P.S. There is one other thing. Do you know how to force the setup to overwrite the previous installed version? When I do reinstall, setup.exe forces me to uninstall the previous version first.

Back