"Next" and "Back" buttons in Winforms

luvwknd

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am fairly new to VB.NET but did manage to pass all my college classes on the subject, in any event I am working on a project - actually my very first work-related project and I am having difficulties creating the necessary "Next" and "Back" button code on my forms.
My program is a questionnaire survey and will have three pages; however I need to give the survey taker the ability to move between the three pages by having a “Next” button on form 1; which I do have successfully working; a “Next” and “Back” button on form 2 and a “Back” and “Submit” button on form3. I can get the “Back” button on form2 to function, however it always leaves an instance of form 2 running. Ideally, I would like the program to close or hide form1 when clicking on the “Next” button to move to form2 and vice-versa when clicking on form2’s “Back” button to return to form1 – same scenario for the movement between form2 and form3. I am distraught at the thought of what I am going to do with the submit button.

If anybody can provide any suggestions or good websites that speak of multiple page navigation buttons, I’d be very appreciative. Furthermore, I can produce a compressed compilation of my current code if anyone is that open to assist.

TIA

or you could make a usercontrol and put a panel and your label questions attached to the panel. Simply just call the usercontrol and hide the other usercontrol.

Thanks for the input everybody!

With the replies received I did manage to get the next & back buttons working properly....now on to the next Endeavour! (which I am sure I will be posting questions regarding).

Back