Question New to all of this. Please HELP!!!

Lukey83

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi guys,

I know that this is going to be a pathetic question, but I do not usually handle anything to do with the work Access 2000 Database. :cold:

My boss wants a new error reporting tool that pops up a message saying that a machine is already booked out when trying to book it out to a client. I have used a Macro to create the message, however, the way that the forms are designed makes the message pop up when we are trying to return the item using a Ctrl F - Find and Replace.

The database consits of 1 window that allows us to book out and return in the same form.

Could someone help me with some VB that would replace this Macro.

The Macro I have is -

([Forms]![Equipment lending Query 2]![Equipment lending Query 2 subform].[Form]![Return Date]) Is Null MsgBox

I know this is not much to go on, but if anyone can help, I am able to send screen shots etc. I havent touched access in about 12 years and it sounded so simple.... But being such a simple database, its now becoming too complicated for me.
confused.gif

Thanks in advance.

That doesn't really answer my question because both options use Access. Can we assume that that means that you're using JUST Access and not VB.NET?

I'm sorry to be a pain. I'm pretty sure it is just Access. It is an Access 2000 file format that we open it with. I really do not know too much about VB at all.

There is a small portion of code in the Objects area under Moduels - SQL.

Does this help?

Lukey83,

If you are opening this using Microsoft Access then this is not a Visual Basic project. If it contains code, that code is in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications); a completely different animal from Visual Basic DotNet.

You should post your questions on an Access forum. Just google it, there are several out there.

Back