.NET 2005 data access problem

amber

Programming Experience
Beginner
Not sure what is going wrong here.
I just upgraded to .NET 2005 and SQL Server Express 2005 from .NET 2003 and MSDE.
I've been working on a huge project for ages, which I 'converted' to 2005.
Now I can't figure out what's wrong.
It's like I have a snapshot of the original database, and that's what I'm working with.
If I open up a form, edits fields, and save, close the form and reopen - all is fine, my new data is there.
But if I close down the whole program, then reopen - it isn't there.
Also, when I go into SQL Management Studio Express, the newly saved data isn't there.
And if I make changes directly in here, they never show up in my project where they should.
I'm completely baffled.

Thanks,
Amber

I remember having this problem but never found out how to solve it. I think there might be a problem with the conversion. What you could try is writing a very small app just to insert data into the database and see if it saves. If so then there is a problem with your other application.

This is going to sound stupid... but I've seen it happen: Are you *sure* you're looking at the same DB both times? I've seen cases where someone thought they were entering the data into Database A, when it was really database B, and when they then looked in DBA, it "wasn't there" (because it was really in B).

-tg

Back