Need help Delete Record from Access DataBase

wiccan2

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi I'm haveing some trouble with my VB.net coursework for college.

I can get every thing working exept for my delete button i keep getting an error every time i click it.

VB.NET:
Dim row As Integer
row = LoginBindingSource.Position
LoginDataSet.login.Rows(row).Delete()
Me.LoginBindingSource.EndEdit()
Me.LoginTableAdapter.Update(Me.LoginDataSet.login) 'Update requires a valid DeleteCommand when passed DataRow collection with deleted rows.
Me.LoginDataSet.AcceptChanges()

the comment is the error and it is next to the line that visual studios highlights

i need this desperatly because my coursework has to be in after christmas

any help is apreciated

Your table adapter (LoginTableAdapter) is missing a valid DeleteCommand, which should have been automatically generated by Visual Studio.

Try the following:
  1. Open up the .xsd file that holds the dataset. It's in the "Solution Explorer" window.
  2. Click the "Table Adapter" part of the Login table.
  3. Is there a query present for DeleteCommand, InsertCommand, SelectCommand, and UpdateCommand? If not, right-click the Table Adapter and choose "Configure...". Go through the wizard and it will re-generate the queries.
If it still won't automatically generate the DeleteCommand query, check your table's syntax. There should be a primary key in there somewhere.

Hi, I fixed this now.

The problem was what you said the table had no primary key which was preventing the table adapter from generating the commands.

Thanks any way though.

Back