&nbsp problem

minn

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi, wondering if anyone can help,

I have a textbox (productkey) that gets its information from a cell in a datagrid. Some cells are blank and do not have any data and others have data. When I click on the more buttoncolumn on may datagrid on a row that has something under productkey i am redirected to another form that shows me more detials of the clicked row, the data is displayed fine in the textbox.

However when i click 'more' on a row that does not have anything under productkey and am redirected to the other form with more details on the clicked row, the productkey textbox displays ' ' rather than just a blank textbox with nothing in it; which is what i want.

Can anyone explain what '&nbsp' is and how do i stop it appearing in my textbox when the underlying table cell with the actual information does not have any data it it.

Thanks!

Well here is what it is, but i'm not sure how much help it will be..

is the entity used to represent a non-breaking space. It is essentially a standard space, the primary difference being that a browser should not break (or wrap) a line of text at the point that this   occupies.
Many WYSIWYG HTML editors insert these   entities in an effort to control the layout of the HTML document. For example, such an editor may use a series of non-breaking spaces to indent a paragraph like this:​
<P>
      This first line of text is supposed to be indented. However, many browsers will not render it as intended.
</P>​

Back