My prog taking 35 MB memory in RAM

akhhttar

Programming Experience
1-3
hi.
i m developing a small level POS software which consist of 30 forms and 15 reports... but when i run it, it take 35 MB (equal to Visual studio .NET) memory in RAM... My actual RAM siza is 128 MB .... thats why when i run my application my computer speed become very slow... i m not using any Garbage Collection scheme or any thing else for memory management....... can anybody tell me what can i do to force my application to take less memory in RAM....

I beleive we cannot help much here as debugging occupies a higher percentage of a programmer's time than any other activity. The bugs may be All Round. Plus we cannot get analize your project entirelly (we would need so much time for that).

However you may try with Autos and Watch windows, setting Breakpoints, and using the Command and Immediate windows. But you can program for years and you will still be finding new debug features that you didn't know about before. For instance, a lot of people don't know that in visual studio .Net , when debugging, the Watch window is a very powerful beast. Most people treat the data in it as read-only. It's not.

Hope you will find solution for your problem

Cheers ;)

added: note that garbage collection wont release it untill all refferences to it are released. Btw, you can try to force garbage collection in .NET and release memory with Collect() otherwise, basically it would depend on how you're using variables and stuff

Also i've heard .NET applications get their memory usage reported wrong in taskmanager.

Back