multiple users accessing xml file on server

mfazilma

Programming Experience
1-3
Dear All,

I am new to this forum,please help me on this issue. i have created .aspx page (form) and posted on the server(windows 2008). there is an option to convert the form to pdf. i am generating an xml file also. my problem is:
if multiple users are accessing the form same time and generating the pdf, they all are getting existing values(same details for everyone), they should get their own details.
what i need is: if multiple users are accessing the form at same time and they fill the form with their own details, while they generate the pdf they should get their own details.
i am using asp.net,vb.net and abcpdf(for pdf conversion)

thank you​

Please help me dear friends - xml file not updating

Dear All,
I hav an .aspx file and a test.xml file. i have posted both files on the server.
1: user can fill the form
2: test.xml file will update with new user details when he click on the button
3: user can see his details in a different format.

my problem is:

if multiple user is accessing the form and fill the details and click on the button, they don't get different details. they all get same details, because xml file is not updating.
(each user should get their own details)
how can i handle this situation

please help me

Try adding the usernames to the xml. Iliterating through the xml rows and when the user has no rows add a row with the current username + settings. I used a try catch for this cause it might be editted at the moment the file is written to. Also refresh the dataset before writing to xml, to prevent loss of data for other users that just had changed their settings. On error try it again 3 times using the try catch and goto function. This is what I came up with. I know it's not perfect, but does the job hehe.

If you want a small example, please tell me what the xml would look like in a small example.

Back