multiple file processing in vb.net?

wirk0001

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi there,
I am relatively new to vb.net and have been given a project to handle the installation of files.
I am trying to create a procedure that takes an array of files(as an argument in its parameters) which will be executed in the order they are in the array. I then want to process these files in the order they appear, and make the files that have a .txt, .rtf, or.doc extension run and display their contents on the screen.
I have been able to get their contents to display, however I am at a loss on how to make them display one at a time. (they all come up) I know I have to get the processes to wait until one such file has been processed
but I am not too sure how to go about it. I am trying to figure out a way so that a file (.txt, .rtf, or .doc) displays, and when this file is closed (by the user), it will continue to process the other files in the array. If there is another .txt, .rtf, or .doc file it will suspend the processes and display its contents on screen, until some user input is given (ie. closing it) that will continue to process the files supplied in the array.
I would appreciate a point in the right direction on how I would go about this.
I have found examples when there is only one file to process, but not many, when you have multiple files
Cheers
wirk0001

Back