Multiline Text and Vertical ScrollBar

hahagal

Programming Experience
Beginner
*urgent! pls help!! thx

i have some questions here:

1) i have too many text in the label, and some cannot be seen. can a v scrollbar be use so that the unseen text can be seen?

2) i have a textbox for user to write something. i also have a label to show what the user has type. can the text the user type be store to the label permanently?

*using vb.net 2005

Last edited:
ermm.. thanks for replying. but my questions are still not answered for wad i ask. hee.. anyone can help me with it? :(

click on the down arrow of the label text property to display the text entry box. From there you can enter new lines which will expand the label box

erm.. wat i mean is i have a label box, the size is about 1/3 of the form. then i have about 20 lines of text in it, some of text cant be seen. so i ask whether is it possible to add a v scrollbar in the label so that the text in the label is scrollable and then can be seen. =)

You can also make the label height large to fit all lines, place it into a Panel with AutoScroll property True. By scrolling the panel only parts of the label is visible.
But easier to use a multiline TextBox or RichTextBox and not allow use to type in this.

thx i replace the label using textbox already and it works. i have some problems here again. :(

1) i have another textbox1 for user to type, and it will appear in another textbox2. is it possible to store the text that appears in textbox2 permanently?

2) when i print the time, it is 1 hour before the exact time. eg: the exact time should be 9.00PM, but it will print 8.00PM. wat shld i do to make the time exact?

if i have text in read-only textbox1, then if i wan to add the text in textbox2 the user type, into textbox1, wad shld i do to make it work? :confused:

for example in the Textbox2_textchanged event:

textbox1.text = textbox1.text & vbcrlf & textbox2.text

vbcrlf makes it jump to the next line.

Thanks CygNuS it works. :)

Erm if i have textbox1 and textbox2 for user to type then i will be printing the user input from textbox1 and textbox2 to another form in textbox3. in textbox3, wat should i do to make the text in textbox1 printed out bold ? :confused:

Back