MsgBox buttons

Aero

Programming Experience
Beginner
can someone direct me to a reference for making a MsgBox that asks a question and has either 5 buttons and they can select 1 or with 5 radio buttons?

thanks,
matt
http://5BarX.com

Last edited:
May you just need to add a second form. I don't think you can have radios on a simple msgbox

i know i can have up to 3 buttons because this style is available "MsgBoxStyle.DefaultButton3".

can i make a seperate form pop up within the main program?

that's what i was looking at but i got aggravated since i couldnt figure out how to use the format it shows. i will give it a try later tonight. thanks for the help.

just make your own form, then when you open it use .ShowDialog() instead of .Show()

i do this stuff all the time

well if you want to show a form, just right click on your My project in yout solution explorer then add a new form. then in your code add
form2.show

If you want to luanch another exe then you would do this:
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("nameof.exe")

But I'm sure you want the first one.

i can get a new window to pop up and process info, but how do i get the data from my secondary form to my main form?

what is this secondary window called? if i knew a name for it, i would get some results on google probably.

thanks,

How to send vars to a second form:

Dim f2 As New Form2

f2.Label1.Text = myvar
f2.Show()

form name is whatever you saved it as. most of thee time if left alone it will be form2 or form3...

to make a form show and have the main form pause (like the Messagebox, OpenFileDialog, SaveFileDialog) use .ShowDialog() instead of .Show()

Back