Resolved Moving Sub Windows inside another program

Zexor

Programming Experience
3-5
Can you change the location and size of a sub window inside another program externally? I am running Nox, i could move the main window around from another program. But can you move around that Macro Recorder window or the toolstrip bar on the side around?

When i do findwindow, i get the nox4 951074 . and if i findwindowex, it just go down the child 721cce. The one i want is the 168173C which isnt under Nox4 in the tree. Oh i could just findwindow(nothing,"Nox_2")

Last edited:
OK, I think I misunderstood. It looks like the window you want is actually a top-level window. That's what I mentioned in the first place:
This assumes that you're talking about actual child windows. If you're talking about tool windows that open separate to the main window then I would think that a single call to FindWindow would be enough.
Given that you have both the class name and window name, you should use both.

I just notice the name changed from Nox_2 to Nox_5, can findwindow just search for "Nox_" so it catch either one?

can findwindow just search for "Nox_" so it catch either one?
No it can't. You should specify the class name and then examine the caption of each result yourself to see which matches your requirement. Of course, if the name is changing, are you sure that there cannot be any other windows of the same type with a caption that starts with "Nox_"?

Oh, the same instance has the same name. It only change when i open another instance. And now they updated to new version, its all just "Nox"

Back