Modify Classes?

BillyHoliday

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm working with a .net starter kit, and was wondering how you go about modifying a refrenced class in vb.net? I'm using visual studio and I can view the structure of the class, but I can seem to find where it lives. I want to open the class file and modify the name of one of the member variables. For instance I've got a "businessObjects" class, and I've got it declared in my project in several place with the "imports businessObjects" I would like to modify the actual class file. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a ton,
bHoliday

You can't change classes that other people have compiled without the source code.

Most of the starter kits I've seen don't have too many compiled resources, and the ones that do often have the source code available for the compiled resource. One example I can think of is the Club Web Site Starter Kit which uses a compiled calendar but the source code for the calendar is also available.

If the "businessObjects" object is not compiled, there are several ways to get to the source code. You can use the search feature or in the class view you can double click an object and it will take you to the source.

Back