Memo field cuts off on Dataset insert command

dagan

Programming Experience
3-5
Hey guys,
Something very wierd...

I have a MS-Access DB with a table with field "HTML" that is set as a "Memo" field

I have added DB to Dataset and created an insert command:
VB.NET:
INSERT INTO `Site_Results` (`Site_id`, `Chk_Date`, `HTML`, `Hash`, `Flags`, `Load_Speed`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

in the Form I have the command executed:
tbladpt2.InsertResult(siteid, Now, str, GenerateHash(site_hash), site_rules, tm_end.Subtract(tm_start).Milliseconds)

Being the str variable the variable injected to the HTML (Memo) field...

This str variable usually carries the full HTML code for a page - so is quite big (but should fit to a Memo field).

The command executes well (does not through exceptions) but when I check the field on the DB I find that not all the str variable has transformed - most of the field got cut off and the data is gone.

It's almost as if the Dataset regarded the "HTML" field as a TEXT field and cut it off after about 1,000 chars...

I am completely confused - can anyone help me???

Cheers

Go into the DataSet designer and look at Properties for that query of that TableAdapter and check out the parameters. What is the size specified for that parameter?

Result

Thanks, I didn't realize I could see the individual variables in each query of the dataset under the Paramaters collection - you are correct it was set to 1024 I will fix that - Cheers

Back