masterdetails retrieving in a form

srivalli

Programming Experience
Beginner
creating master-detail form using vb.net

i have one listbox in which i have multiple options
if i select any one item,
that corresponding selected item details should display in data grid or any other control. i.e

if there are multiple rows related to that selected item that should be displayed in datagrid .
thank u

master_detail form(veryyyyyyyyy urgent)

my query is :

i have one master form called "bank details" .

and i have one form form called "transaction details". ok

now i have one dropdown control in transaction form ,in drop down control, i added some bank names.

now my query is :

when i select a bank from the drop down list ,i want to display the corresponding "transaction details".

there may be any transactions for a single bank
so if there r one/more than one transaction for a bank ,i want to display in a data grid.

i think i am very clear now

thank u
reply soon

Last edited by a moderator:
master_detail form in different pages

hello

i have one form called "bankdet"
in which i entered bankname and

bankid.(master table).

i have one more form called " transactiondet"
in which i have bankname(entered in master

form) as one of the field which is in combobox

control, and transactionid,transdate ,validity

and etc.

now my query is

when i select a bank in combo box in

"transactiondet" form ,i want the details of that

corresponding details in datagrid. there may

be more than one rows for a single bank.

thank u

I merged the thread because it's a related to this thread ... i hope you don't mind :)

Ok, i got your idea but first let me know if attached project from above has helped to you for the first question.

btw, Instead of using datagrid my suggetion is to use listview control of the .NET ... later you'll see why ... Cheers ;)

query regarding master detail

my problem is not solved yet. i didnt understand y u took 2 comboboxes and textbox and listbox.
in my form i have one combobox,and one textbox in form1
and 2 or 3 textboxes in form3.
i am confused in what purpose u took so many field.
but i got the logic little bit.
and i want to display in datagrid not in label wise.
if there r one/more than rows then
i want to display in a datagrid.
thank u

kulrom said:
if i understand well your question then ... attached project from below will match/cover your needs ...
Cheers ;)

Hi,

i used two combos as there could be more than one record with same/identical names ... i.e. how many people there are under: John Brendon? And how you know who is the John that you are looking for?

As you deal with banks and they cannot have duplicated names maybe my point is odds but i wanted to point out something that you can use for further projects ... finding items by its ID.

Ok, if you don't like it ... forget it ... ;)

btw, in your first thread you didn't say that you want to pass value/s to another form ... but it really doesn't matter as we could manage it anyway ... about the datagrid: i'm not sure why you insist on datagrid (could you explain this please?)

I'm waiting for your feedback ... to make a demo on it

Cheers ;)

Last edited:
hello

i am unable to get ur query.
very confusing
forget abt previous queries.

my query is :

i have one master form called "bank details" , in which i have two fields
bankname and bankid.(two textboxes)

and i have second form called "transaction details", and the fields includes bankname,which is drop down crtl(from bank details) and tranid,tranvalidate etc.

in drop down control, i must get the name of the banks that i added in the "bank details", when i redirect from "bank details" to "transaction details",instead of adding at design time every time.

now my query is :

when i select a bank from the drop down list ,i want to display the corresponding bank details in any control.(whether it is in grid or listview or any other cntrl)

i selected datagrid becz for multiple rows, displaying in datagrid ,the view ll be clear.

hope now i am clear

thank u

Back