Master/Detail datagridviews example

dg78

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi,

I am looking for an example of code for a Master/Detail with a dataset, two datagridviews, two binding sources and a binding navigator but not only to display data (there are some examples or walkthroughs in MSDN) but with update / insert / delete data with stored procedures (or sql command).

Example not using a wizard but with code by hand.

And if you have the same sample with linq to sql … it would be marvellous.

Is anybody have link to a such example ?

Thanks in advance.

Dominique

Thanks for your answer.
I found " Displaying Related Data " but I didn't find " Walkthrough: Saving Data to a Database (Multiple Tables)".

I have many couples "Master table / Detail table" with the same structure of tables. So I want to create during run time (dynamically) and not during the design. Then I wishes to avoid wizards.

Ooh.. youre creating a programming headache doing it dynamically but it is possible.. I dont ahve the time to go into it now, but it stems from the design time stuff, except that you'll have to build the datasets, fill them and add relations in code.. Not hard to do (just take a look at the designer code and imitate it in runtime) but very lengthy to explain, specially as your Q is quite broad..

"Make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein

Perhaps you can tell me why you need this massive flexibility? I've been asked some whack stuff before so i might be able to reduce it; solve your problem, not the problem with your solution so to speak

Back