Masked Textbox DLL?

Programming Experience
Beginner
Okay, I (as you can see) have .NET 1.1, which does not support Masked Textboxes. But I am working on a form with a Username and Password entry boxes, and (while I am encrypting the password) I don't think the user wants to just see their passwords out in the open.

I have seen threads (time and time again) that say that people in ver. 2003 cannot use masked textboxes, but I just read something in a VB .NET eBook that mentions something about creating your own controls (one of them being a Positive Integer text box) and saving them as a DLL. And since the masked textbox derives from the System.Windows.Forms.Textbox namespace, I thought it quite feasible.

So, I was just wondering if there IS a DLL I could import in, or I am just gonna have to deal with a regular textbox.

Please give me any suggestions.

Just as you know, Masked Textboxes purpose is to filter the input like length and valid char ranges, not to hide it like passwords (****).

Unless you need to apply a special username/password mask, just set the TextBox.PasswordChar property.

And for masks you actually have the older "Microsoft Masked Edit Control 6.0" (msmask32.ocx) COM control available in VS2003, add item to toolbox and browse the COM page, you'll find it if you still need it.

Back