mark this thread as resolved?

bhealy

Programming Experience
Beginner
I want to mark a thread as resolved, now where is that hidden please?

Well, you'd hope that because you can mark a thread with "Question:"
when you very first make it, that you, the original poster would be able to mark with resolved when hitting Reply, but it seems not so

Also ,you cannot edit your Question to Resolved

So the only way for we, lowly peons, to mark a thread as Resolved is to choose "Resolved" when we first create the thread.

Rather silly/pointless and I can see why a lot of people dont bother with that Question/HowTo/Resolved/Whatever combo

It's been suggested for the mark as resolved stuff to work better, I haven't heard Neal's response to it yet.

No, it's not working properly. You should be able to click edit and edit the thread title including the prefix. I'm waiting to hear back from vBulletin as to what is setup incorrectly.

It's fixed now, click EDIT to edit your original post and you can change the thread prefix.

Be nice to have it a single click op.. like a button on every post that says "This answers my question" ala MSDN foirums

Sure would, we have all bit-ched at vBulletin to do it this way! PHP'ers!!!!

Why not have a menu item in the 'Thread Tools' like right under the 'Add Poll to this thread'?

Resolved

Thanks everyone,
I thought there was, once, a button you clicked on to say resolved, but reading the responses to my Q it seems what is the most obvious courtesy, saying resolved, is much harder.

Can't even remember what my question is that I was trying to resolve before asking how to do it......oh dear, another seniors moment.

Cheers and thanks for trying.
Bill Healy

Why not have a menu item in the 'Thread Tools' like right under the 'Add Poll to this thread'?

I agree, particularly seeing as, once the grace period expires and it becomes impossible to edit a post, it becomes impossible to mark it as resolved.

If User = thread_starter Then threadtools_menu.add_item("Mark as Resolved")

mark_as_resolved.click -> update db set thread_prefix = 'resolved' where threadID = ?pID

Back