Question Manually do Tile Horizontal/Vertical

jackgreat

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Guys,

I have a program which contains a mdi form and child forms. Due to some reason the mdi form layout functionality does not work if a form is hidden and shown. This is a bug in the UI control suit which I am using.

I would like to implement Cascade,Tile horizontal & vertical myself. I wrote the logic for cascade but can I get code or function for the other two.

Would be glad if anyone can give me code/logic/function so that I can do Tile horizontal & Tile vertical manually.

Thanks,

Jack

You don;t need anyone to give you the logic. You know what the logic is. You've seen it done. Pick up a pen and paper and write it down. Write down the steps that need to occur. Refine those steps until you have a clear list of elementary steps that must be performed to achieve your aim. There's no programming in that so you don't need any programming experience to do it. Anyone who has used an MDI application can do that. Once you've got that part done, then you can start writing code to implement your steps. If you have trouble with that, post back and tell us exactly what you've done and exactly what you're having trouble with.

You don;t need anyone to give you the logic. You know what the logic is. You've seen it done. Pick up a pen and paper and write it down. Write down the steps that need to occur. Refine those steps until you have a clear list of elementary steps that must be performed to achieve your aim. There's no programming in that so you don't need any programming experience to do it. Anyone who has used an MDI application can do that. Once you've got that part done, then you can start writing code to implement your steps. If you have trouble with that, post back and tell us exactly what you've done and exactly what you're having trouble with.

Thanks for the encouragement. It took me a day but I was able to code it and cascade,tile horizontal & vertical are working okay.

I know that it can be daunting but it's always best to give it a go for yourself first. Even if you don't succeed, trying and failing is an important part of the learning process. If you're anything like me, it's far more satisfying to come by the solution for yourself than to have it provided to you. :thumb:

I know that it can be daunting but it's always best to give it a go for yourself first. Even if you don't succeed, trying and failing is an important part of the learning process. If you're anything like me, it's far more satisfying to come by the solution for yourself than to have it provided to you. :thumb:

You are the best there is buddy. Not just because of the fact that your are an expert in this but also because you spend a good amount of time helping others. :)

Back