Making a Myspace Friend adder

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaryChinezeGuie

Programming Experience
Beginner
I was thinking of making a myspace friend adder. Can I just add a web browser component to my web form, or do I need to make an ASP application?:D

If you're doing page scraping, i.e. extracting information from a target URL, there is a good "parser" called "Webzinc" you may want to check into. IIRC the URL is http://www.webzinc.net. The product I believe has essentially gone non supported for whatever reason, but it works well. I've read of some issues with .NET 2.0, but as your profile says your using .NET 1.1, you should be fine.

right, but i need to scrape info from within my program, rather than using a seperate program. i kind of understand about the DOM and interacting with the web page as if i was sitting there actually clicking stuff. but the first thing i need the program to do is be able to collect all the friendIDs and build a list of them. What i want to do is go to a page, collect all the friend IDs, build a list with them, then use ://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=invite.addfriend_verify&friendID=xxxxxxx to bypass loading their profile and go straight to adding them. I realize that this is anti-social and goes against the purpose of myspace but if it can be done, why shouldn't it be done?

You already answered that: because it is anti-social and goes against the purpose of myspace.
They created a service for people to meet other people with the same interests. If I had created such a service and saw that someone was trying to defeat the purpose of the service, I would do all I could to keep that person away from the service.
As you mature you'll realize that you shouldn't ask "but if it can be done, why shouldn't it be done?" but rather "but if it can be done, should it be done".

look dude, i'm a mature as i'm gonna get. I purchased a program that does exactly what I want it to do. I find someone who has a bunch of friends, click "add this person's friends", and the program goes to each person, clicks a button to send a friend request and goes to the next user. So now that we have that whole should I, shouldn't I out of the way, once I have the page loaded, how do I interact with the page within my program. I have searched for info on interacting with a DOM but haven't found anything helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back