make clock program

wxman11

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi guys, i'm new to visual basics. i was wondering if i can get some help. i'm trying to make a program that has multipe clocks like the one you see in the attached file. this clock function is featured in a program i use for my flight simulator game but i wanted to make something similar to this. i have visual basics 2008, i know how to make a clock ( which i can only show one clock) and thats about it . how do i do something like this?

description about what the clock in the attached file does:
it will display up to 6 clocks for various locations, from which the 3 can be set by the user. by default the 2 or 3 user defined location clocks are not displayed. from the View menu, you can hide or turn on the display for any one of the 6 clocks you wish. each clock box shows the time, date, time zone and current time difference from UTC (zulu or univerisal time coordinated).

the location for the 6 clocks are set as follows:
- the top clock displays UTC (zulu) time
- the next clock displays local time, what is reads from your computer
- the next 3 clocks displays time at a user defined airport. clicking on the Change button, you can make each one of them to display the time in any airport. ex, EGLL for London; KLAX for Los Angeles, etc.

any feedback would be great. thnks

brgds View attachment world clock feature.pdf

You should write code to display one clock to which you can pass a time and a location. You can then simply invoke that code six times to display six clocks.

As for getting different times, you should start here:

Dates, Times, and Time Zones

hi jmcilhinney,

thnks for the reply. so just to understand correctly. i make a digital clock like normal and do it 6 times, right? then to do what i want it to do like shown on the attachment, i visit the link you provided and use that information?

Back