Looping through a combo box to find valuemember

tcl4p

Programming Experience
1-3
I have a combo box loaded by a data adapter. What I'd like to do is to loop through the combo box and match the value member of the combo box to a variable which I have already set and when a match is made select that item. I just can't find correct syntax to do this.

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks for such quick responses....I have found and corrected the issue - it was around the databinding of the cbo (which resulted in the empty value member).....once I corrected that problem, the solution works perfectly.....sorry for the confusion. Sometimes it is best to just walk away and come back later with fresh eyes.

I have a similar problem regarding combobox, however, the values should come from a table in my database, i use access as my db, how can i get these values through looping method?? tnx in advance............ God's Speed....

I have a similar problem regarding combobox, however, the values should come from a table in my database, i use access as my db, how can i get these values through looping method?? tnx in advance............ God's Speed....

I kinda thought that we had established that no loop was necessary so please provide a FULL and CLEAR description of EXACTLY what you're trying to achieve, rather than how you're trying to achieve it.

Back