Looking for 3rd Party Query Tool

Administrator

VB.NET Forum Admin
Programming Experience
10+
Hello,

I'd like to add a "SQL Query" tool into my winforms app to allow users (that have role permissions to run queries) to run their own queries against the database. I'm considering writing my own but as usual, if there is a decent 3rd party component available that can be adopted, that's what R.A.D. is about.

Anyone know of anything that will give me similar functionality to SQL Ent Mgr or SQL Mgmnt Studio's New Query area?

Thank you.

I think it would be easy to just create one that is what I ended up doing. I searched and searched for a third-party query tool with open-source or no source code. I could not find anything. I just ended up making a little tool that has a dictionary of keywords and they change color on the keystroke event to simulate what happens in the SQL Query Analyzer. But actually a lot more goes into doing just that than you think. If you do find a third party control for SQL queries please let me know. I would be interested to test it out in that application because the query tool that I made is still pretty weak and developement on it is pretty much neverending

Back