Look like Yahoo! How do I do?

damxuanthai

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi all pro.
I make a program in Visual studio 2005, and I really want to make a form (like start form for example...) to show some live infomation.
I found my idea is same to Yahoo chat program. in the it's start form and the main form, it can show some live information and live images. (Im sure they live coz It allways change everytime I start Ym chat.) Plz see attached images.
How can I do that?
Plz help me!
Thanks for reading and feedback.
Dam Xuan Thai
www.damxuanthai.edu.vn

Attachments

• Ask01.JPG
    Ask01.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Ask02.JPG
    Ask02.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 35
All they're doing is reading data from the Web, most likely the output of a PHP script. You can do the same. For instance, you can call the Load method of a PictureBox and pass the URL of an image. It could be a static image that may be updated on the server from time to time, or it may be a script that outputs a different image every time.

Dear jmcilhinney
I have try and it works well. Thanks U very much.
Its seem so easy.
But, it worked well with .jpg only. It did not work with URL dirrect to *swf file.
Plz help me... How can it show the swf file? Using another control or another method?
Thanks again and hope your replies.
Dam Xuan Thai

If you're using a PictureBox then you can only display image files. A Shockwave file is not a image file. If you install the latest version of the Shockwave player from Adobe then you can add a Shockwave control to your Toolbox, then to your form. It will be added from the COM Components tab because it is an ActiveX control.

Dear jmcilhinney
Thank you very much.
You mean I must install Shockwave player, but I wonder that, the users (Who use our application) have Shockwave player installed in their PC too?

Thank you again.

Maybe I use *.gif file instead *.swf file. I have try with *.gif file and It can work well.

Dam Xuan Thai

GIF is an image format so the PictureBox control can display Images from GIF files.

Most Web users these days should have Shockwave installed, but if they don't it's very easy to download and install from Adobe. You could also include the Shockwave installer along with your own app's installer.

Back