Localizable "base" form? uh...

Stonkie

Programming Experience
1-3
I got a small annoynace when playing with the designer to create forms and such. It seems the PropertyGrid on the right (that's where I like it :p) doesn't show the Browsable properties of my current object, but more those of its base class.

I want to use the IDE to do localizable forms and I would save lots of time and complexity if I could just create a property on my form, give it the Browsable and Localizable attributes and then change its value for each languages I must localize to (English and French) directly in the designer. This would create the resource files and stuff I need without me actually writing a resource file. I can even give this tedious task to the bored tester wasting his time during earlier development :D !

However, this is not happening as the designer will only show the base Form class' properties and not the new ones I added in my inheriting form! I don't want two levels of inheritance and, altough I can create inherited versions of some controls and give some properties to them, this just doesn't apply to some case (say I want to set a popup's message (I actually created a component for those but I couldn't come up with a scenario :rolleyes:))...

Anyone with a clever solution to this?

Back