Loading the correct localised file

garcon

Programming Experience
Beginner
Folks,

In my code-behind file "a.aspx.vb" I can detect the language a user is using using the following:

VB.NET:
[size=2][/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]If[/color][/size][size=2] baseCulture.Equals("EN") [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Then[/color][/size]
[color=#0000ff]   [/color][size=2][color=#008000]' Load English file[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]ElseIf[/color][/size][size=2] baseCulture.Equals("FR") [/size][size=2][color=#0000ff]Then[/color][/size]
[color=#0000ff]   [/color][size=2][color=#008000]' Load French file[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=black]
[/color][/size]

Problem is though how do you load up the applicable localised file to the front-end page? I'm not usre now to do this...
Can anyone makle any suggestions/comments/code-sampelas please?

Thanks,
G

If your using a seperate page then: responce.redirect("englishpage or frenchpage")

i'm probably wrong here, but i know the framework comes with language packs, couldnt you have one page (built in english) but on language detection have it switch the language pack so it'd be in French, German, etc... yet you only have 1 page to maintain (or 1 set of pages)

Merci TPM - perfect

JuggaloBrotha - thanks - looking inti this now.

Thank you both
G.
The happy one

JuggaloBrotha said:
i'm probably wrong here, but i know the framework comes with language packs, couldnt you have one page (built in english) but on language detection have it switch the language pack so it'd be in French, German, etc... yet you only have 1 page to maintain (or 1 set of pages)
Yes I'm sure there's a way to do something like that, I just don't know it :)
Perhaps some sort of style sheet...

TPM said:
Yes I'm sure there's a way to do something like that, I just don't know it :)
Perhaps some sort of style sheet...
and if garcon doesnt come up with sometime within the next month or so, i'll start looking into it (yea, i know i'm too busy right now)

Back