Loading and Adding data to Multiple tables in Access

amaconline

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Master Mind People.. I hope you can give me a solution to my problem..

I have got an Access file which contains three tables. All three tables have got a relationship as CUST_TYPE -- CUSTOMER -- CUST_IMAGE_PATH

I am trying to load it on VB.Net and so far I managed to load CUST_TYPE and also it allows me to add/delete or update data. However, when I created another form and linked it from the CUST-TYPE form, it loads fine, but when I try to add information to the CUSTOMER table which is related to the CUST_TYPE, it does not work...:confused:

My question is, how can I add information that is related to one specific record to multiple tables... please help..

Thank you very much..

you would need to update each table seperately, starting with the parent and working your way through - especially when adding new records.

If you've got your queries set up right (not using a join) then you should be able to INSERT, UPDATE and MODIFY data within a child table without needing to touch the parent - however, when inserting data into the child, the parent row MUST exist.

This isn't specific to Access, it's the way all relational databases work...

However, you haven't stated any errors you got, so if you mean that the changes aren't being seen in the database after you've made them, read the link in my signature - it's this forum's favourite question...

Back