Links to VB.NET resources

Sockreg

Programming Experience
Beginner
Howdy. I am new here and also new to Vb.Net. I've got some experience in Java but not that much :). I am willing to learn vb.Net and i never worked with vb. I was asking myself what i need exactly to start learning vb.Net.. i mean the links.. and if there is an online help file like the java sun documentation for vb.Net. Also, if there are some good books out there can u list me the ones that might help me :) .. Thanks alot

Howdy. I am new here and also new to Vb.Net. I've got some experience in Java but not that much :).
C# might be more familiar to you. All the .NET languages are very similar underneath; if I was learning .NET i would pick the one with the syntax closest to what I knew

I am willing to learn vb.Net and i never worked with vb.
That can only be described as a blessing. VB sucked.

I was asking myself what i need exactly to start learning vb.Net.. i mean the links..
I get most of my help from microsoft's MSDN

and if there is an online help file like the java sun documentation for vb.Net.
It installs along with VBN; local MSDN is like the API pages for java, and also there is an online version. As an example, Google for DataGridView class - that microsoft hit is the MSDN help page

Also, if there are some good books out there can u list me the ones that might help me :) .. Thanks alot
I never used books with .NET or java.. Online resources are nearly always more up to date, better written and contain examples more tailored to what I'm trying to do

wow thanks for the awsome welcome m8 ^^ .. i was asking myself from where i can download the development kit.. like the JDK for java.. in order to start compiling etc...

The .Net Framework distribute contains the library and the compiler, it comes with the Visual Studio (editor and debugger) if not already present.

Any time you want to know anything regarding .NET development MSDN should be your first stop. This is the home page. Bookmark it and use it often. It is my home page at home and at work. You'll notice that there are navigation links to VB and .NET sections, which is where you'd get the appropriate downloads from. You can just download the .NET SDK and use the commandline tools to compile, etc. and write your code in Notepad or whatever, but a better bet would be to get the free VB Express IDE. It will do the vast majority of what you will need for some time.

Back