Question Lineshape, etc. Ghost images

Salkin

Programming Experience
Beginner
I recently loaded VB 2008 Express and the associated Powerpack. When trying to use the Lineshape tool to simply draw a line I found that at runtime a ghost image appears on the form after about 5 sec. I tried the other 'shapes' with the same result. Please note that these graphics have no code associated with them, they are simply images. I tried getting around the problem by coding a line that would show at run time ... same ghost image appears after. If I resize the form the 'ghosts' disappear permanently. However I can see my endusers being very unhappy with that solution.

A jpg has been attached with design-time and runtime view of a form.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 61
dualshock03: no the problem has not been resolved. Are you experiencing the same problem?
I get the problem at runtime. I thought the problem might be the Powerpack and tried coding the graphics directly. I still get the duplicate images appearing at runtime.
I'm beginning to wonder if it is a hardware issue. What kind of computer are you using?

If I understand your problem correctly then I also had the same problem, it is a classic example of monkeys trying to program and have absolutely no idea how it works... ( This is an insult to VB for not trying to get people to understand how it works, not at you guys ).

From what I can see, it is just left-over stupid things ( Which graphics.clear() doesn't even remove, lol.) and the only way I could fix it was to do "Me.Invalidate()" whenever and wherever you want the screen or component to refresh. For example on re-size.

Well Salkin.. i dont have problems with this.. the shpes and lines are fine... probably im using VB.NET 2005 PRO i tried express2005 and its fine too...

Back