Question keylogger and screenshots

st richards

Programming Experience
Beginner
hi,

first of all i posted here as i don't know where to post this

for my job i need to make a keylogger that will take screen shots and sends them to a server if certain words or phrases are used does anyone know how this is could be accomplished?

thanks

ps. this is not for malicious purposes it is for network monitoring in a school

You need to look into using the windows hooks.

However please be aware this could and probably does breach the data protection act.

hi thanks i will but i dont have to worry about the data protection act being education we can over rule that by forcing pupils to sign an agreement that allows us to monitor them

forcing pupils to sign an agreement
That sounds even worse than keylogging... OMG what a school, I could understand national security monitoring at any level, but not a school administration. :rolleyes: But we're not here to judge your means as long as your not breaking the law, you can easily on the internet find tools you can use in Vb.Net application for keylogging and taking screenshots, have you even tried searching?

hi yes i have tried searching and so far have found nothing can you advise where to search but i feel now i should explain that the reason my boss wants us to do this is an attempt to try and find any attempts at things like pedophile grooming via things like email

A good search attempt would include "vb.net keylogger" and "vb.net screenshot", should get you bang on.

hi,

first of all i posted here as i don't know where to post this

for my job i need to make a keylogger that will take screen shots and sends them to a server if certain words or phrases are used does anyone know how this is could be accomplished?

thanks

ps. this is not for malicious purposes it is for network monitoring in a school

I can help you with this, though you would have to program the server side of it. To back up my offer, here's a video demonstrating one of my programs I wrote:
It would be simple to arrange it for keywords with the snap shot. If you are interested still after watching the video, let me know.
For the record, the programs I design are for educational use only, due to the work I do in security. Please use them accordingly and to legal standards.

Back