Is there any events which can be handled if the system language is changed?

ajeeshco

Programming Experience
3-5
Hi,
I had installed asian language support in my machine and now I am able to change the language to chinese and back to english using the language tool bar of windows. I would like to know whether there is any event in vb.net that can be handled if the user manually changes his/her system language to chinese or english using the language tool bar so that I can make necessary changes in my application at runtime.

Thx in advance.

The SystemEvents UserPreferenceChanged event could be used where you check for e.Category=Locale. It does not trigger when language bar is used, because that only affects the keyboard layout used, not regional settings.
Indicates changes in user preferences for regional settings, such as the character encoding and culture strings.

Thx

Hi JohnH,
Thanks for the reply:). Can you please tell me whether there is any event that can be handled if the user changes the keyboard layout. I googled for 'KeyboardLayoutChange event' etc but i didn't get anything useful.

This was actually much easier than first thought, the form has the InputLanguageChanged event with all kinds of information about this.

Back