Is possible to install .NET framework in a non Winows system?

DevilAkuma

Programming Experience
Beginner
I've made an application in VB .NET. If I install it in a Windows (without .NET) I have to install it, and the application runs very well.

My question is: Is any way to execute my app in a Linux or Mac system.

Thanks in advance.

But I think that with this IDE, you can create apps that there will be compatible in Windows, UNIX... but I need to install my app in a Linux (And I don't know how can i put the .NET framework) Isn't it?

I highly doubt that, VS installers will only run on Windows. I don't know much about Mono, but their FAQ mention GTK# which you can use in Linux to create ".Net" application that install in both Linux and Windows they say. In the GTK page they mention something about 'cygwin' that supposed to let you build Mono in Windows. I have no clue how compatible .Net and Mono sources are, but for now it seems only C# language is supported. There exist several VB.Net-C# converters that should enable a seasoned developer to make this all happen somehow.

Mono is execution engine just same as .NET Framework. Mono is not intended for instaling .NET applications but ratehr for the their development - an IDE.
Among other:

Unfortunately, MONO does not implement full CLI functionality, which puts the choice of MONO as a development platform in question.
Windows Forms are not fully implemented yet (unstable) – GTK# must be used instead.
Code Access Security is missing.
If used, namespaces common for .NET and MONO applications compiled under MONO can be executed against either .NET or MONO Frameworks (still working under Linux).
System.Data is also not fully ported, especially SQLClient used for communication with Microsoft SQL Server databases.
The support for debugging assemblies is very poor. Actually – for now – it is only limited to tracing. We have to wait for the next releases.
C# is fully supported by the MONO Framework. VB.NET is marked as unstable.

Back