Question Is it possible to show the contents of the OpenFileDialog in an existing form?

dHeather

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello,

I'm using the OpenFileDialog to show users files on a CD Catalogue in thumbnail view. This is all working fine except that the CD is very image lead & I have been asked is it possible to either redress the OpenFileDialog userform or better still drop it's contents into the current userform.

I am not a seasoned programmer and am really struggling with this task. I have searched for other instances of this problem and drawn a blank, although I have seen it done many times before.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you in advance.

OK,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll look to emulate it's function in my own form. If anyone has experience of doing this themselves and can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

The Windows® API Code Pack for Microsoft® .NET Framework contains an Explorer Browser Control. I'm not sure if there's something newer though.

Just keep in mind that that is a wrapper primarily for Windows 7 APIs and, to a lesser extent, Windows Vista. I'm not sure that there is any compatibility with older Windows versions but, if there is, it will be severely limited. If you do consider that option then just make sure that what you do will work on all versions of Windows that you want to support.

Back