Is It Possible To Embedd Wave Files In Resource Files?, If Yes How? Please

Sayed

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello EveryOne
Is It Possible To Embedd Wave Files In Resource Files?, If Yes How?
I am trying to embedd wave files into a sepperate dll for easy deployment
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I haven't found a way to embed a WAV file directly in a RESX or RESOURCE file. You can, however, simply add the file to your project and set the Build Action property to Embedded Resource. The file then becomes an embedded resource of the compiled assembly, whether that be EXE or DLL.

Neal said:
I believe that, like the resource editor supplied with VS.NET, that app does not handle sound files. I haven't tried it myself, but the description says it handles bitmaps, icons and text strings, just like ResEditor.

jmcilhinney said:
I believe that, like the resource editor supplied with VS.NET, that app does not handle sound files. I haven't tried it myself, but the description says it handles bitmaps, icons and text strings, just like ResEditor.
Yes, it does, I use it extensively (embedded .wav files).

kulrom said:
Why you would embed files at all if you want to play 'em with WMP? I'm only curious :)

Cheers ;)

1: I dont want the users to feddle with sound files.
2: Wmp has playlist property that my app uses extensively.

thanks

You can add a Windows Media Player ActiveX control to your form if you want to provide the standard WMP UI, or you can create an instance of the WindowsMediaPlayerClass class, which has no UI, if you want to provide your own interface. If you want the ActiveX control, add it to the Toolbox first and then add it to your form like any other control. If you want the class with no interface, you will have to add the appropriate reference to your project first. It will be on the COM tab no doubt.

Back