Internet Cafe Management Software

NewbieTech

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hey, now I am a new programmer, ,a hardware technician by trade, just starting to get into programming.

I am trying to an Internet Cafe Management program, I have created a form with a start button for users to click, it starts the timers, and then a Finish button which clears the timers and brings the start button back up. That is as far as I have gotten.

What I am stuck on, is I want the timers and finish button to be constantly visible on their screen (Never behind any other windows they have open) and I also need to create the server application which when the finish button is pressed it sends the time to the server application and also calculates the price to charge the customer.

Any advice would be great, I preferably dont want to be given some source code to download and use that, I am wanting to make this as a learning experience for me.

Thank you guys :)

Just an update as to where I am now, I have edited it, so that it is now 2 seperate forms. When the program first loads, it loads form1, which only contains a start button. When the start button is clicked, form1 closes and form2 loads which contains the timers and finish button.
I am now struggling with making it so that when form1 is closed, form2 is always visible or on top of other windows. And also creating a server application, so that when the finish button on form2 is clicked it sends the time to a server program (which I am yet to create but have no idea how) and also calculates the cost.

I dont need anything fancy like memberships or anything.

Also just other things im thinking about at the moment, is getting form2 'snaapped to' the task bar at the bottom righthand corner of the screen so it isnt in the customers way (though at the moment it is movable but im having the issue with it getting hidden behind other windows)

Just ran into another problem where im ending up with lots of 'invisible' form2's even though when form2 button1 is clicked it runs the command me.close which should be closing form2 and reloading form1

Fixed those issues, but now require the server application. I am unsure on how to create this. and will also require an installation package to go with the client application

hi, as you say you are a beginner, a web application would be a bit complicated. I would suggest a making one computer a server and having all the applications update that 1 server.

Back