instance of a form that contains a web browser ~ how do I access

simpleonline

Programming Experience
Beginner
I have create a form with a web browser on it. I create an instance of that form that contains web browser.
how can I edit the web browser document completed on the new instance?
Thanks

Last edited:
You can add event handlers using either a WithEvents variable or AddHandler statement. That's all there is to that. WithEvents variable is suitable if you only have a single object instance at a time.

Now you can either handle the event of the browser control in the other form, or you can declare an event in other form (that you raise when its browser raises event) and handle that.

I've tried something like this but not getting a positive result.

VB.NET:
Public Class NewWindow

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim mystuff As New PopOutWindow
'PopOutWindow is the form that contains the webbrowser 

End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles mystuff.WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted

For Each element As HtmlElement In Mystuff.WebBrowser1.Document.Getelementsbytagname("input")
If element.GetAttribute("title") = "Google Search" Then
element.SetAttribute("value", textbox2.Text)
End If
Next
End Sub

Private Sub NewWindow_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub
End Class

Last edited:
If you want to use WithEvents/Handles you have to declare the WithEvents variable in the class that handles the event.

Back