Inserting into SQL server

michaelw

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hi i have a bit of a problem? I have a program that imports excel data into a dataset. I now want to insert that information into SQL server. Any help would be really greatful.

Thanks

Seems its us again :p

We used the same thing, just created a SQL Stored Procedure in your database and execute through your code with the info connected to the relevant parameters.

Hope it helps.

check out www.vbdotnetheaven.com for lots of help and tutorials! Also check out the O'Reilly Series on Dot Net! Very Helpful

Cheers Steven Iwill try the links, i am ok for writting the stored procedure? but when you write about executing the code with the relevant parameters that gets a bit tricky but i will read the links and see.

Thanks

Hi bit of a prob, i have a datset with one coloum in it called Repairsno with data in it that i wish to insert into a table called jobs1 in SQL server with a coloum called Repairsno. I can not write the procedure any help will be really greatful

Thanks

Sql

hi at the momment it has one row of data in it for testing purpose but soon there will be mre coloums with multiple rows

Back