insert data from vb.net into flash

phil

Programming Experience
1-3
insert data from vb.net into flash [RESOLVED]

I am making a program that reads a database and plays a flash file. I need to load the data from the database into a text box into flash. I’m not sure how to do this any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Flash has it's own data connectors that allow you to connect to dataSources. I've used Flash XP, but it's been a while.
The way to communicate between Flash and VB.NET is to use the FsCommands.

Hi,
take a look at attachment and let me know if it's that you were looking for ... Also, note that you can pass any value from .NET to Flash in this manner no matter datasource/s. I couldn't attach Flash Project as it's too big even zipped, but i'll upload through FTP as you can get it ... waiting for your feedback ... Cheers ;)

Attachments

• FlashAndVbNET.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 188
thank you

kulrom thank you so much :). the vb code is what i need but i cannot open the .fla file. i am using flash mx and i get the error message unexpected file format. is there a way i could make the flash file work?

thanks again i got it now

dear kulrom,

thank you for your help. i understood the code. was real simple (once you see it) and i figured out what i was doing wrong with my swf file. i thought <instance name> was the variable for some reason and thought var was for use in the flash its self. changed it around and now i can upload from my timer. again thank you so much. i could not find help anywhere.

phil

phil said:
kulrom thank you so much :). the vb code is what i need but i cannot open the .fla file. i am using flash mx and i get the error message unexpected file format. is there a way i could make the flash file work?

of course you can ... if you get the flash file below :D

Cheers ;)

don't forget to rename either flash movie or change name within path string

Attachments

• myFlashMX.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 96
Back