Question image area map application

lrt

Programming Experience
Beginner
i have never programmed in VB before but i have programmed in other languages, so i think i am picking up fairly quick. i would like to create an application where the user is looking at a map of the southeastern united states and be able to click on the individual counties of a specific state (the map with counties is already prepared and ready to go). when the user clicks on a county, he should be taken to the file explorer window for that county. i have a file hierarchy looks sort of like this:

Alabama
county1
county2
county3​
Georgia
county1
county2
county3​
Tennessee
county1
county2
county3​
and so forth....

so depending on what state and county they click on, the file explorer will open up to the folder of that county.

any ideas?? i probably have to create some sort of image map. please keep in mind i am completely new at this. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

do u mean it is advanced for VB? what about C++ or C# or the other .NET languages??? would it be possible with those?? of course i'm willing to learn what it takes, i'm always happy to learn something new. but i want it to be a windows application. i will take a look at your post, thanks.

Back