Identifying Open Ports on a System

mivey4

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello All,

I usually exhaust all my resources on-line before resorting to the forums for assistance because it just seems more rewarding if I can manage to find the solution on my own. However, I believe I have thoroughly exhausted my resources at this point for this problem and if anyone could kindly steer me in the proper direction it would be Great!!!

I know that there are a number of free tools and utilities already available on the internet that can display the open ports on a system and sometimes with the corresponding process ID's that are using them. Such as fport and netstat to name a couple.

Although I don't believe in re-inventing the wheel I would like to know how to utilize VB.NET to acquire this information for myself to implement my own application design. The problem is I can't seem to find any information on the topic and for the 1 or 2 links I have found that may get me going in the right direction, the links are broken. I know how to utilize a specific port and etc but what class would you use to identify open ports on any system?

I have searched all the WMI classes but oddly enough none of them seem to provide this type of functionality.

Anyone have any ideas to help me out on this???

thanks,
mivey4 :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back