IDE Error when working in Form Code

jeva39

Programming Experience
1-3
VB.NET Application (2003)
Some times, when I work in the the Code of any Form and run the App to try if have problems, appear this error:

Could not copy temporary files to the output directory.

The file 'CaritasP.exe' cannot be copied to the run directory. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

When appears the error, the App is'nt runnig and I could not Build anything or run the App. I close VSN and open again but the error persist and I need to reset the Computer.

Please: what is the cause of this error and how I can to resolve without reset the machine?

Thanks!

Hi kulrom...
Thanks. I read the article but many times some english words (in articles or tutorials) cause problems to me :confused:

In this phrase:

...when one of the assemblies that you compile is larger than 64 kilobytes (KB)....

To what refer when say ASSEMBLIES? Are the files refered in the REFERENCES of the project? My APP have two projects only: Caritas (the Project himself) and the Setup (With Crystal)

How I can know if one of the Assemblies is larger than 64KB?

And, finally, is recomended that I have the Setup in a separated project?

Sorry.. I know that are many questios but...thanks again for your help!!

Regards....

Assemblies

An assembly is the building block of a .NET application. It is a self describing collection of code, resources, and metadata (data about data, example, name, size, version of a file is metadata about that file). An Assembly is a complied and versioned collection of code and metadata that forms an atomic functional unit. Assemblies take the form of a dynamic link library (.dll) file or executable program file (.exe) but they differ as they contain the information found in a type library and the information about everything else needed to use an application or component. All .NET programs are constructed from these Assemblies. Assemblies are made of two parts: manifest, contains information about what is contained within the assembly and modules, internal files of IL code which are ready to run. When programming, we don't directly deal with assemblies as the CLR and the .NET framework takes care of that behind the scenes. The assembly file is visible in the Solution Explorer window of the project.

An assembly includes:

• Information for each public class or type used in the assembly – information includes class or type names, the classes from which an individual class is derived, etc
  • Information on all public methods in each class, like, the method name and return values (if any)
  • Information on every public parameter for each method like the parameter's name and type
  • Information on public enumerations including names and values
  • Information on the assembly version (each assembly has a specific version number)
  • Intermediate language code to execute
  • A list of types exposed by the assembly and list of other assemblies required by the assembly
About the Setup ... I prefer to use New/Separated Project for Setup ... but it shouldn't be a problem if you add Setup project to an existing ...

Cheers ;)

Kulrom

Finally I find the Assemblies in my Project and change the Copy Local to True
But...after I made this change, close VSN and open again, another problem appear:

When I try to open any form in DESIGN mode, this is the error (In all 12 forms of App)

Property accessor 'IsMdiContainer' on object 'System.Windows.Forms.Design.FormDocumentDesigner' threw the following exception:'Specified cast is not valid.'

I change again the Property to False, and all work OK.

I don't know if one thing is related to the other but the error is real and I don't know what happen...

Sorry if I taken a great deal of your time...

I think that I find the problem:

The Property COPY LOCAL in the Assemblies

System
System.Windows.Data
System.Windows.Drawing
System.Web.Services
System.Windows.Forms
System.XML

Don't can change to TRUE.

Now all working OK. I am wright?

Back