I want to create a simple dll

arjmand

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am very new to vb.net and seek your help, here is my problem.

I want to create a dll in vb.net that could first search for a specified access database automatically, if it finds one(specified) then ok, else it should create the database dynamically and the tables in the database should be as per my need and schema.
please help, can anybody give me the required sorce code.

Is that all?!??:) I'd be very surprised if anyone can give you the source code for something like that, and even if that person did have it available i serioulsy doubt they would give it up for free.

Well..

But I wont be surprised, coz to every action there.............. I mean if i love to help people, I expect same from them. Is there any harm in that? I am ready to write a program for anyone from scratch if it is in my knowledge.

Creating an Access database from scratch in VB is no mean feat. You need to use ADOX, about which you can read on MSDN or the the Web at large. Writing a code to do what you ask is a relatively big job. I like to help people too but there's no way I'd be doing that for nothing. If a customer requested that it would cost them several hundred dollars at least.

Ok Guyz....

Guyz thank u for ur time.

I dont necessarily want the source code, but atleast if anybody has similar material somewhere, may be a link on a website or stuff like that.

Aha!.......

Lol! I am quite surprised that I am getting more and more suggestions rather than the solutions, Anywayz thanx again.

I can help

Hi there.
I am also new to vb.net (7 months) and its my first programming language but I feel I might just be able to help, my code aint what I would call profesional but I always conquer my own challenges, except my media players visualisation. :mad: ..
I had an issue not so long ago where I needed to do something similar.
It isnt entirely what you want but according to the first unhelpfull yet critical reply it must be a miricle for someone of my experience :) , If you would like some help or source code send me an e-mail at v8_boost @ hotmail.com (note the underscore between v8 & boost)
v8_boost@hotmail.com
Like you I enjoy helping others as others helped me, if only all people were more constructive and less criticle maybe others would help them more often and we would all live hapily ever after...

thats not a fair comment to make, since plenty of fair and constructive comments have been made in this thread. and getting him to email you for "private help" is not in the spirit of the forum, you should help him through the forum so everyone can see how you have helped him.

if you are not going to use the forum the way it is meant to be used (as a public forum to help EVERYBODY...), you should'nt bother posting. no body knows everything about programming, and the point of the forum is to increase everybody's knowledge.

think about that next time you post saying "email me and well talk privately".

i dont mean to offend you and im sorry if i have, but i stand by my comments. forums are meant to help people... and that help is to be exposed to the public, so everyone can see it.

regards
adam

OK, I accept that...

Sorry, I see your point and will not do that in future.

Well any way.
I had a case where I wanted to be able to create a database with the tables and feilds any user wanted to put in them.
What I done was create a blank database and stored it in the same directory as my executable, then each time a user needed to create a database this blank one would be copied to any selected directory and sql statements used to create a table and feilds...

I will put some code here when i get the chance...
Anyone like my pic

Last edited:
Back