I need help with Controlling a modem and parsing html

lickuid

Programming Experience
Beginner
I am completely new to this forum but I hope I'm posting in the correct area.
I’m not going to ask for an entire application, but I do have many questions, two of which are:

1: What method would I use to control a modem to connect and disconnect from the internet?
2: How would I go about calling a web page (without activx) to download html directly and parse it?

I’ve been programming with VB’s versions prior to .NET for several years, so if I can get some direction in the matter, that would be great.

String of webpage you can get like this:
VB.NET:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]Dim[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] webstring [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]As [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]String[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] = ([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]New[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] Net.WebClient).DownloadString([/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"http://www.somesite.net"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2])[/SIZE]
I don't know about connecting the modem through code, I've always been using auto-dial modems or LANs.

You can also use the Webbrowser control and navigate it to the site, then conveniently use the DOM document for content parsing. It's similar to the older ActiveX, but integrated now in .Net Framework 2.0.

Back