HRESULTS: 0x80040202

etgibbs

Programming Experience
Beginner
I'm getting this error in my VB.Net app. I added code for an event and it started the bombing. The code is syntactically correct. Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I'm using COM objects. The developer of the COM object is telling me to do the following for each of the events.

this.events = new VTAPIEventHandler(this);
vtapi.SetMsgRefresh(this.events);

Still confused as to what I need to do. I'm trying to implement the API from this company: http://www.cmsfx.com/en/platform/VTapi/

All I do is put one line of code in two events and I get an error. The line of code is, MsgBox(InsrumentID). So it is very strange that I get this error.

The events are: OnInstrumentChange and OnInstrumentChangeEX. They have sample apps but it doesn't appear that they have implemented all the events in the their sample app.

Thanks in advance.

I know. I need to do the equivalent thing in VB.Net. So if you can help me with that I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Here is the vb.net equivalent of those two lines of code...

VB.NET:
Me.events = New VTAPIEventHandler(AddressOf Me)
vtapi.SetMsgRefresh(Me.events)

However i'm confused as to what you are asking. I haven't used that companies components so i know nothing about them. I don't really know how to advise you further.

Back