Question How to Wake the computer from Sleep?

ImDaFrEaK

Programming Experience
5-10
I have seen people blog about VB6 code that can wake a computer from hibernate but I have yet to see how to do this with .NET. Can anyone please help me with this? I simply want to wake the computer from sleeping at a designated time.

This is close to what I am looking for but I am building a personal alarm clock as a small project and assuming that my computer goes into Sleep or Hibernate mode over night I still need the clock to wake the computer and then go off. With WOL (Wake on LAN) it appears I can awake a computer from another computer but I need to do all this from within the same machine with the same machine. I hope this makes since. Basically, I cannot use WOL (or at least I don't see how) to let the computer awake itself. Any ideas?

For that you either can use the Windows Task Scheduler or Win32 calls for Waitable Timer Objects (Windows), I'm not aware the .Net library has support for this.

Yeah, me either. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I want the .NET way of doing this or some info on how to build a library harnesses the Win32 myself.

Back